Captain John DUVALL, married about 1686 to Elizabeth JONES. They had 11 children. One of the more important military officers of the Province. In 1704, he and his brother, Mareen the elder, were granted "Duvalls Delight", a patent of 3108 acres, located at the mouth of Rogues Harbor. It was one of the true manors in Anne Arundel County and is listed in Alice Norris Parran's "Register of Maryland Heraldic Families".